Job: 2nd Line Analyst
Overall Job Purpose
To act as the single point of contract between the customer and SCC. To handle all IT related enquires and provide 2nd line support. Create values input into technically difficult calls in the form of electronics media.
• To be able to provide Technical assistance to the customer base, 1st line and engineering teams.
• To vet and manage incidents for high end equipment that’s is supported in SCC such as servers.
• Engage 3rd parties/ subcontractors where any supported inventory is found to be supported by them.
• To act as 3rd line support function to the overseas call centre in Romania.
• Provide Technical documentation action plans for managed services BreakFix live calls.
• Identify and communicate service improvements.
• Document all technical solutions within the service desk knowledge base.
• Communicate effectively to customer services desks for any required info.
• Ability to support engineers and customers with ICT hardware technical queries.
• Ability to work as part of a team or alone using own initiative.
• Escalate effectively where the call needs it.
• Ability to handle demanding and difficult customer environment.
• To have excellent customer service skills.
• A good understanding of SLA’s.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• Security Cleared to SC level, or capable of obtaining such clearance.
• 2+ years working in a technical assistance environment.
• Proven support to engineers and customers with technical queries and BreakFix solution
• Server +
• HP Gen 8 accreditation
• HP Blade/ProLiant BreakFix experience.
• IBM standard server hardware awareness
• Cisco awareness and basic diagnosis process
• Desirable –
• ITIL awareness
• HP MSA/MSL awareness
• EMC skill set
• IBM tape and storage